Registered Home Manager
Ref: Registered Care Home Manager
R Care was born in 2016 with the sole aim and purpose of delivering a reputable, quality and driven staffing agency to the Health and Social Care market, offering a service that is driven by, Delivery, Quality and Compliant Candidates.
We offer a range of services including Temporary Supply, Interim Contract Staff and Permanent placement we couple this with our very own Independent Supported Living Service This In turn allows us to train and induct our workers like no other agency operating in our market.
Specialising in the delivery and supply of Nurses, Medical Locums, Support and Care Workers, and Social and Justice Workers. Our passionate team have a wealth of experience across the sectors that we deliver our service to. We are proud to say so many of our clients and workers have been with us throughout or careers and since the opening of R Care last year. Our Head Office is based in the diversely rich Newcastle Upon Tyne from where we deliver our service across the North East of England. Just like you we don’t work 9 – 5 and we are here to support our clients and workers 24 hours a day7 days a week.
My Client is looking for Registered Home Managers for multiple sites in the North East. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of management within a care home and have experience of turning a home around to meet a minimum CQC Rating of good.
You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
An RGN/RMN qualification.
A valid NMC pin number.
A proven track record in managing fully compliant services
Passion for high standard elderly and dementia care
- Manage staffing levels, home budgets and occupancy levels.
- Ensure that compliance is maintained with all legal and regulatory and best practice guidelines. Continue to build the positive reputation of the home.
- Ensure that staff are given the support and supervision to enable them to continue the homes good reputation and delivery of a smooth and efficient service.
- To ensure that each resident is assessed for need and has a formal developed care plan ensuring the involvement of the residents and his/her family or relatives as required.
- To ensure that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the Care Plans
- Work consultation with GP’s to develop individual care plans for new residents and to ensure their formal review every 6 months or more frequent when necessary
- To ensure that all duties undertaken by reporting staff are performed to required standards, and that all such staff contribute to providing happy, efficient and homely atmosphere within the home
- To ensure that the provision of adequate staff cover for all shifts in line with statutory/local authority requirements and produce rota for clinical and non-clinical staff.
- To liaise with the CQC in respect of the continuing registration of the home under the appropriate legislations and regulations.
- To assess staff performance at specific intervals, insuring all staff completed training need in their job role.
- Support, educate and assist with staff’s personal development.
- Manager advertisement, shortlisting, interviewing and hiring of new staff, ensuring all documentation and references where collected and in place for new starters.
- Apply disciplinary rules, and in the implementation of disciplinary procedures.
- To overlook all aspects of catering in the home to ensure that required standards of Food Hygiene are achieved. To assist in the planning of menus, ensuring that any special dietary requirements are met.
- To maintain account ledgers, cash book and documentation as required by law.
- To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities, helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same where appropriate.
- To generate all notifications in relation to accidents suffered by residents, staff or visitors in line with R.I.D.D.O.R (1995) requirements.
- To keep abreast of all new legislation and regulations relating to health and safety, C.O.S.H.H, fire prevention and local authority mandates, and to ensure effective communication of the same to staff. To amend policies and procedures, or to produce new documents, where needed.